GRAVITY BELT THICKENER
The OMEGA Gravity Belt Thickener is designed for the continuous mechanical thickening of municipal or industrial sludge. This simple and efficient technology aims at reducing the sludge volume at least 4 times with following characteristics:
- low energy consumption,
- stainless steel construction,
- easy and low maintenance and supervision
The gravity belt thickener can be used :
- As a final step to increase the sludge DS concentration to 6–8%. Therefore, replacing conventional gravity static thickener, flotation system
- As a pre-dewatering stage when combined in-line with a Belt Filter Press to optimize the Belt Filter Press operation and performances
- As a pre-dewatering stage before a Plate Filter Press or centrifuge to downsize the dewatering equipment
- For sludge volume reduction before anaerobic digestion process to reduce digester size
- This system uses gravity only to separate water from solids. The sludge is placed onto a moving porous belt which allows some of the water to filter through the moving belt.
- As the belt is moving, some plows turn over the sludge to clear areas on the belt allowing water to move through the belt.
- The filtrate water is collected in capture tank beneath the belt.
- At Gravity belt thickener outlet, a scraper blade helps to remove the thickened sludge from the belt.
- To avoid clogging, the belt is washed continuously by using clean water under 7 bar pressure, and considering 3 m³/h per meter of belt width.